Eight new programs will be featured this month in the WolfInstitute fall 2004 series of employment-related seminars aimed at in-house counsel and human resources professionals.
All courses, taught by attorneys and human resources professionals at WolfBlock, take place at the WolfInstitute Training Center, 1650 Arch Street, Philadelphia.
This month's schedule of seminars includes:
- Thursday, November 4, Religious and Medical Accommodations, 9-11:30 a.m., with Linda B. Hollinshead, WolfBlock, as instructor. This seminar will provide practical guidelines for what triggers an employer's obligation to consider an employee's religious or medical accommodations request and how to engage in the interactive process with an employee, as well as review what constitutes a reasonable accommodation.
- Friday, November 5, Responding to Union Organizing, 9-11 a.m., with James R. Redeker, WolfBlock, as instructor. This seminar will teach the elements of rapid response programs for union organizing attempts and how to use them effectively.
- Tuesday, November 9, Voluntary and Involuntary Reductions in Force, 9-11:30 a.m., with Jonathan D. Wetchler, WolfBlock, as instructor. This program focuses on the practical application of legal and human resources principles that will enable the conducting of a successful reduction in force.
- Tuesday, November 16, Employment Law 101, 9 a.m.-noon, with Louis L. Chodoff, WolfBlock, as instructor. Discussion topics include an overview of federal/state laws governing employer/employee relationships, at-will employment, Title VII coverage, FMLA, ADA, privacy issues in the electronic workplace, wage and hour issues, record keeping, and proper documentation.
- Wednesday, November 17, Cafeteria Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts and Other Fringe Benefit Plans, 9-11 a.m., with William D. Wright as instructor. This seminar will focus on implementing and managing cafeteria plans, flexible spending arrangements and fringe benefit plans.
- Thursday, November 18, Record Retention: Is It Shredding Time Yet?, 9-11:30 a.m., with Jonathan A. Segal, WolfBlock, as instructor. This seminar will discuss what employment records should be retained and what should not, where they should be retained, how long they should be retained, who can access them, and how and when they can be disclosed.
- Tuesday, November 23, Group Health Plan Compliance: Keeping Your Benefits in Control, 9 am-noon, with Mr. Wright as instructor. This program is a basic course providing an overview of the various topics related to group health benefits.
- Tuesday, November 30, Choosing and Developing the Right Discipline System, with Mr. Redeker as instructor. This program will examine the elements of workplace due process and how various types of discipline systems can satisfy the expectations and needs of both employees and employers.
For details on registration fees, see the Bulletin Board now located on our website at www.metrocorpcounsel.com.
For reservations, call Rita Hunter at (215) 977-2007 or e-mail email@example.com.